Burgers, the all-American staple, are made even better with the addition of our sugar-free, uncured bacon. Simple, but delicious, this professional creation involves grilled avocados and a bright chipotle-lime mayo that’ll be a hit at your next BBQ.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ground Beef
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Bacon
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ea avocados peeled and halved
- 4-6 ea burger buns skip for Keto
- 4-6 ea lettuce leaves
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chipotle paste
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Bring burgers and bacon to room temperature.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Place defrosted bacon in freezer for 15 minutes and then finely chop or pulse in a food processor.
- Mix pepper, bacon and ground beef together and form into approximately 4-6 patties.
- For medium-rare, grill for 4 minutes per side, while rotating 90° every 2 minutes. Keep your meat moving to ensure that it cooks evenly. Remove from grill when meat thermometer inserted into patty reads 120°F.*
- Rest for at least 8 minutes.
- Rub avocado with olive oil and season with salt. Grill face-down for 2 minutes, with a 90° turn after 1 minute. Set aside, and slice when cool.
- Combine pepper, kosher salt, mayo, lime juice and chipotle paste and mix well.
- Stack your burger, avocado slices and chipotle mayo and enjoy!
- *If flare-ups occur due to the cooking bacon, move burger off flame briefly while flame dies down, then continue cooking.