Chili dogs. Taco pizza. Bacon pancakes. There are many contenders for the title of “Greatest Food Combination.” But to our mind, buffalo chicken nachos are the champion of this competitive category. Bringing together two fan favorites that always seem to be featured on menus when sports are on the TV or when comfort food is called for is a no-brainer.
This easy-to-follow recipe uses chicken breasts (or chicken tenders) and layers of nacho chips and cheese. Pick and choose what to add to this buffalo chicken nacho recipe to give it your own signature flavor. Some ideas: Sour cream, guacamole or avocado, scallions, blue cheese, and of course, extra Buffalo sauce.
- 2 pounds ButcherBox chicken breast alternative cuts: chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon BB Seasoned Salt alternative: any seasoned salt will work
- ½ cup Buffalo sauce We recommend Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce
- tortilla chips
- mozzarella cheese grated
- scallions sliced
- black olives sliced
- bleu cheese crumbles optional
- Buffalo sauce
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thoroughly dry chicken before seasoning with oil and salt. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the thickest part is 165°F
- Shred chicken once it has cooled to room temperature and toss in buffalo sauce.
Building The Nachos
- Place a layer of tortilla chips on the bottom of an oven-safe baking dish.
- Next add some buffalo chicken, cheese, scallions, and black olives.
- Repeat layers, place in oven to melt cheese approximately 5 - 8 minutes.
- Serve with a drizzle of buffalo sauce and a side of sour cream and guacamole.