A truly epic sandwich: it’s a two-hander, piled high with bacon, a tangy pickled slaw, avocado mayo….and of course, that fried chicken breast that’s crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
BB Fried Chicken SandwichPrint Pin
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 2 lbs ButcherBox Chicken Breast approximately 3 chicken breasts
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Bacon cooked to desired crispiness
- 3 Tbsp BB All Purpose Dry Rub
- 2 c garbanzo bean flour or preferred flour: almond, all purpose, etc.
- 3 eggs whisked
- avocado oil or any high temperature cooking oil enough to partially submerge chicken
- 4-6 Brioche burger bun
- 2 c pickling cucumber julienned
- 1 c red onion julienned
- 2 c carrot julienned
- 2 c white or apple vinegar
- ¼ c pickling spice
- ¼ c pure cane sugar
- 2 ea avocado
- ¼ c mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Cut chicken breasts into thirds. Place inbetween plastic wrap and pound flat. Set aside
- Combine BBQ Dry Rub and 1½ cups of flour in shallow dish. Set up two other shallow dishes one for remaining flour and the other for whisked eggs.
- Dredge pounded chicken in plain flour dish shake off any excess. Next dip in egg, making sure chicken is completly coated. Lastly, dredge in seasoned flour. Repeat process until all chicken pieces are dredged.
- Place oil in cold frying pan. Place on stove top on medium-low heat. Let oil heat for 5 minutes.
- Carefully place dredged chicken cutlets in frying pan. Do not overcrowd, pan fry chicken in 2-3 rounds depending on the size of the frying pan being used.
- Fry for 5 minutes before carefully flipping chicken, tongs work best. Fry other side for another 5 minutes. Once fully fried place on paper towel lined baking sheet to soak up any excess oil.
- Once all chicken is fried and the pickled slaw and avocado mayonnaise have made you're ready to assemble your sandwich. For best results smear both sides of bun with avocado mayonnaise, place 1-2 chicken cutlets on the bottom half of the bun, top with 2-3 slices of bacon and pickled slaw. Place top half of bun on sandwich and Enjoy!!
- Toss julienned vegetable in a mixing bowl large enough to hold pickling vinegar.
- In a small sauce pot combine vinegar, pickling spice and sugar. Bring to a boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using a mesh strainer pour hot vinegar over vegetable. Discard pickling spice. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 7 minutes.
- Strain pickled slaw and discard liquid. Vegetables should still have a nice crunch to them.
- Place all ingredients in food processor and purée until smooth.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!