This bacon-wrapped pork sirloin recipe features ingredients that you likely have on hand in your spice rack. The fig glaze adds a sweet touch to this mouthwatering meal.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Pork Sirloin Roast
- ButcherBox Bacon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 c mushrooms small dice
- thyme small handful
- 1 Tbsp balsamic Vinegar
- 3/4 c arugula
- fig jam
- Butterfly your pork loin by cutting your meat, starting toward the bottom, and making small slices, and rolling the meat open with every slice until there is an even flat layer.
- Flatten the meat by placing plastic wrap on the meat and beating with a dulled surface like a rolling pin or small frying pan.
- In a sauté pan, sweat your garlic and shallots.
- Add mushrooms, thyme, and balsamic.
- Add Gorgonzola and arugula. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture onto the center of the pork loin and roll up.
- Layout approximately 6 slices of bacon (enough bacon to cover the length of the pork loin) onto plastic wrap. Lay the strips next to each other leaving no gaps. Place the rolled-up loin on to the bacon and roll to cover the loin. Move to the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Remove plastic wrap from meat and place on a baking sheet. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes or until the internal temperature has reached 135°F.
- Remove from oven and brush with fig jam and return to the oven until internal temperature has reached 145°F.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!