Last Updated on August 26, 2022
Make your chicken breasts into a pocket stuffed with creamy cheese and asparagus…and wrap the whole thing with bacon. This recipe looks impressive, but is easy to pull off-plus, that 30 minutes of hands-off time in the oven makes it a great meal to serve for company.
- 4 ea ButcherBox Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 8 slices ButcherBox Bacon
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1 small onion small dice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ c asparagus ¹⁄8” slices
- 1 Tbsp basil chiffonade
- 2 Tbsp white wine
- ½ c goat cheese
- ½ c ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix goat cheese and ricotta together in a bowl, and set aside.
- Preheat sauté pan, and melt ghee. Once ghee is hot, add onions and garlic, sauté for 3 minutes. Add asparagus and sauté for 2 minutes. Deglaze pan with white wine, stirring constantly for 1 minute, then add basil and sauté for 1 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool for 5 minutes. Mix with cheese mixture.
- Slice chicken breast lengthwise on the side, inserting the knife about ¾ of the way to create a pocket.
- Lightly season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Evenly divide cheese/asparagus mixture and stuff into the pocket.
- Wrap chicken breast with 1-2 slices of bacon. Place on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 165°F.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with roasted marble potatoes and enjoy!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.