Bacon, cheese, and asparagus – the key ingredients to a spruced-up chicken breast. Our free-range organic chicken makes the perfect, juicy canvas for this fancy flavor combo, and is sure to impress kids and parents alike. Serve with a scoop of buttery marble potatoes with some chives sprinkled on top.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Stuffed Chicken BreastPrint
- 4 ea ButcherBox Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 8 slices ButcherBox Bacon
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1 small onion small dice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ c asparagus ¹⁄8” slices
- 1 Tbsp basil chiffonade
- 2 Tbsp white wine
- ½ c goat cheese
- ½ c ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix goat cheese and ricotta together in a bowl, and set aside.
- Preheat sauté pan, and melt ghee. Once ghee is hot, add onions and garlic, sauté for 3 minutes. Add asparagus and sauté for 2 minutes. Deglaze pan with white wine, stirring constantly for 1 minute, then add basil and sauté for 1 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool for 5 minutes. Mix with cheese mixture.
- Slice chicken breast lengthwise on the side, inserting the knife about ¾ of the way to create a pocket.
- Lightly season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Evenly divide cheese/asparagus mixture and stuff into the pocket.
- Wrap chicken breast with 1-2 slices of bacon. Place on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 165°F.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with roasted marble potatoes and enjoy!