Put a twist on traditional green beans with this smoky, savory side dish that will have everyone at the table asking for seconds.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Bacon julienned
- 3 lbs green beans or haricots verts trimmed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Add 3 quarts of cold water to a stock pot with 1 tablespoon of kosher salt. Bring to a boil.
- In a large mixing bowl set up an ice bath. Cold water and ice.
- Drop half of the trimmed green beans into the boiling water. Remove green beans when they turn bright green. Approximately 2-3 minutes. Immediately, place green beans in ice bath to stop carryover cooking.
- Let water come to a boil again before dropping remaining green beans and repeat process. Strain from ice bath and set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan on medium-low heat. Place half of julienned bacon in hot pan and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Once fat has rendered out of the bacon and it starts to crisp add half of the green beans and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and platter.
- Repeat process with second half of bacon and green beans.Chef tip: green beans can be steamed the day before and placed in a resealable container and stored in the refrigerator.