Chocolate, bacon and peanut butter? Come on. This decadent combination brings the perfect mix of salty, sweet and savory together in a bite-sized mouthful that can’t be resisted. These tasty treats are suprisingly simple and a great addition to any friendly gathering.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Bacon
- 1 16 oz jar peanut butter
- ½ c butter room temperature
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 1 12 oz bg dark or milk chocolate chips for melting
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Place bacon on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 mintues. Flip bacon strips and cook for another 5 minutes or until crispy. Let cool before finely chopping. Set aside.
- Combine together peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar.
- Add finely chopped crispy bacon except for ¼ cup.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon scoop peanut butter mixture and roll into balls. Place balls on parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate chip in a double boiler.
- Set chilled peanut butter ball on a fork and fully dip in melted chocolate. Carefully place back on baking sheet and sprinkle a little bit of reserved bacon on top. Once all balls have been dipped and garnished place back in refrigerator to set, approximately 1 hour.
- Store in refrigerator in an air tight container, up to 2 weeks.