Last Updated on September 20, 2022
Love the idea of a bacon-wrapped appetizer but looking to change it up from the usual scallops wrapped in bacon or dates wrapped in bacon? This is your recipe.
Coming together in just a few minutes with ButcherBox’s pre-made meatloaf blend, these party bites pack a flavorful bite with the accompanying maple and brown sugar glaze. (The glaze also features chili powder which you can subtract if you don’t want that extra kick.)
- 1 package ButcherBox Seasoned Beef and Pork Meatloaf Mix
- 1 package ButcherBox Bacon
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut bacon in half width-wise.
- Form bite-sized balls with the meatloaf mix, wrap in bacon, and place in the cupcake tin.
- Cook for 10 minutes. While the party bites are cooking, make the maple and brown sugar glaze.
- For the maple and brown sugar glaze, add the maple syrup, brown sugar, chili powder, and apple cider vinegar in a small saucepot and bring to a simmer. Reduce by 1/3 or until the glaze thickens to the point that it can coat a spoon.
- After the meatloaf bites have cooked for 10 minutes, remove from oven and brush with the glaze.
- Cook for ten more minutes or until the meatloaf bites reach a 165°F internal temperature.
- Skewer with a knotted toothpick or mini skewer and serve with remaining glaze on the side.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!