Nestle a seared chuck roast in the slow-cooker with root vegetables, add beef stock and tomatoes, and wait for dinner to cook itself. It’s sure to be a family favorite.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Chuck Roast or Shoulder Roast
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 c baby carrots whole
- 1 lb small red potatoes whole or quartered if large
- 2 c pearl onions peeled, whole
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 ½ c beef stock
- 1 c crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- Preheat sauté pan on medium high heat.
- Pat dry and season chuck roast with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add avocado oil to hot pan and sear chuck roast, 3 minutes per side.
- Place potatoes, baby carrots, onions and fresh thyme sprigs in slow cooker, put seared chuck roast on top of vegetables.
- Deglaze pan with beef stock. Scrape bits off the bottom of pan. Add crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Whisk to break up tomato paste. Simmer for 2 minutes then pour over roast and vegetables.
- Set slow cooker on high setting for 6-8 hours, or low setting for 12-16 hours. Enjoy!