Get cozy with our turkey pot pie soup. This delicious recipe calls for your ButcherBox turkey leftovers and some classic pot pie ingredients.
- 3 c ButcherBox Turkey leftovers
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 sm onion small dice
- 2 ea carrots small dice
- 2 ea celery small dice
- 2 ea potatoes small dice
- 2 c peas
- ¼ c white wine
- 6 c turkey stock chicken or vegetable stock can also be used
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour a gluten free thickener (tapioca starch, buckwheat flour)
- 1 pkg puff pastry
- 1 ea egg whisked
- Preheat a large sauce pot on medium heat.
- Add oil, carrots, onions, celery and potatoes. Sweat for until onions are translucent, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add turkey, salt and pepper. Saute for 3 minutes. Deglaze with white wine.
- Reduce heat to low, add stock and let simmer for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes remove one ladel full of hot broth and place in mixing bowl and gradually whisk in flour. Once slurry is made gradually add it into the simmering soup. Simmer for 10 minutes.Chef Tip: If you would like more of a brothy soup you can skip the slurry step and go right to serving!
- Serve with fun puff pastry crisp or as is!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Thaw puff pastry and unfold. Lightly flour counter roll out pastry so there are no creases and even thickness.
- Using cookie cutter cut out pumpkins, turkeys, stars, hearts or simple circles. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.