Last Updated on November 23, 2021
Add a little bit of some bitter cranberry sweetness to your turkey brine this year. This is perfect for prepping the night before cooking a turkey breast but is also great for your Thanksgiving turkey.
Cranberry Seltzer Turkey Brine
- 2 cans Waterloo cranberry seltzer
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1½ cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons whole coriander (freshly toasted works best)
- 6 each bay leaf
- 1 whole onion peeled and quartered
- 5 whole garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- 1 apple cored, quartered
- 1 orange core ends removed, cut into wide slices
- 12 cups additional water volume and cranberry seltzer (16 cups of ice = one 5 pound bag of ice, will do)
- In a medium pot, heat the 2 cups of water and 2 cans of seltzer to simmer.
- Add all ingredients, except for ice.
- Bring to a boil and turn off heat.
- In a large container that can hold a turkey or turkey breast, pour contents of pot over ice and stir to chill.
- Once cold, add the turkey or turkey breast.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or for 30 minutes per pound.