Last Updated on August 29, 2022
The lean and mild character of the Tri-Tip make it perfect for a flavor-packed chimichurri. Moist and juicy, this roast is sure to be a hit with the whole family looking for something quick yet different on a weeknight.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Tri-Tip Roast
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ c garlic minced
- 1 ea poblano pepper seeded and minced
- ½ c cilantro chopped
- ½ c parsley chopped
- 3 ea limes juiced
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Rub Tri-Tip all over with salt, then refrigerate uncovered on wire rack overnight.
- Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use. This can be made a day ahead to really let the flavors blend together.
- On day of cooking, let tri-tip rest on the counter for 30-45 minutes until roast reaches room temperature, and season again with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Set aside wire rack on foil-lined sheet pan.
- Preheat heavy-bottomed pan on medium heat.
- Add oil to pan. Once oil is hot, sear beef on all sides for 3 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Place Tri-tip on wire rack and transfer to oven until internal temperature reaches 120°F, about 12 minutes.
- Let rest for at least 15 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain.