If you’ve only cooked bacon in pan on the stovetop, you’re missing out on some pretty amazing ways to both cook and, eventually to enjoy the great flavor of bacon.
Believe it or not, you can cook bacon any numerous ways; two of the best ways to cook bacon to a perfect, savory crispness are in the oven and on the stovetop.
But if you’re feeling adventurous or in need of a quick slice of bacon, we also have some tips for cooking bacon both on the grill and in the microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Oven
One of the easiest ways to get crispy bacon every time is to cook in the oven. It is pretty simple.
- Spread out bacon evenly on a cooking tray.
- Turn on oven to 375°F and place bacon on the high or middle rack. No need to preheat the oven.
- Flip bacon after about 10 minutes.
- Depending on the level of crispiness you enjoy, cook for 5-10 more minutes and then remove from the oven.
You can also cook bacon in the oven by preheating to 400°F and then cooking for 15 minutes.
Cooking Bacon in a Skillet
Cooking bacon in a skillet is one of life’s simple pleasures. Here’s how to do it.
- Lay bacon in a cold skillet.
- Add enough water to cover the bacon.
- Turn heat to medium-high and cook until water evaporates.
- Flip bacon and cook until browned.
- Move bacon to a paper towel to crisp.
Grilling and Microwaving Bacon
There are some great ways to cook bacon beyond the oven and stovetop.
If you’re feeling adventurous or if you’re itching for some tasty bacon to add to the burgers you’re making for a cookout, you can make bacon right on your grill. To grill bacon, lay bacon flat on grill and make sure to move the bacon around the grates to avoid burning. Flip bacon and repeat until it has that perfect level of crispness.
Crunched for time? Make bacon in the microwave.
However, one warning about this method: The levels of crispiness may not be what you’re used to in the other methods. To microwave bacon, place it on one paper towel and cover with another. Microwave for 4 minutes.
You can watch more on all these techniques here: