Last Updated on December 29, 2022
Tired of using ground beef for your burgers this summer? Give the patty a twist with our salmon burgers. Glazed with a sweet and salty teriyaki sauce, the Ponzu mayo perfectly complements this Asian inspired dish with a splash of bright citrusy tanginess. Deliciously healthy and packed with Omega 3’s, this dish is perfect for a quick and easy home cooked lunch or as another addition to your weekend barbecue.
Note: This recipe is adaptable to cooking on a grill. Just brush the salmon burgers with a little oil and place on your grill grates on direct heat.
- 1/4 cup Kewpie mayo (Japanese mayonnaise)
- 1 Tablespoon Ponzu
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 Butcher Box Salmon burgers slightly thawed
- 1 pineapple peeled, cored and sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 burger buns
- Greenleaf lettuce
- Hothouse tomatoes sliced
- Cucumbers Sliced
- Mix the Kewpie, ponzu, soy and dill in a small bowl. Whisk all ingredients to combine. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat on your stovetop. Drizzle a little bit of vegetable oil and sear the pineapple rings for a minute or two on each side until some browning is achieved. The browning willl help release the sugars. Set aside on a plate when done.
- Add a little more vegetable oil to the pan. Cook the salmon burgers for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Brush teriyaki sauce on top of the salmon burger and turn once. Brush the top again and transfer the burgers to a wire rack.
- Briefly toast the buns on the griddle.
- Assemble the burgers by layering in this order: toasted bun bottom, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, seared pineapple, teriyaki salmon burger, a dollop of ponzu mayo and the toasted burger top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Louiie is a chef, recipe developer, food photographer and stylist based in Las Vegas. While working the line at Bazaar Meat, Louiie merged her twin passions of the visual and culinary arts. She has tested and developed recipes for Anova Culinary, Bon Appetit, and EATER. She also co-hosts and produces a food and hospitality based podcast, 2 Sharp Chefs and a Microphone. She frequently shoots architecture, food, and people for Eater Vegas. In her free time, Louiie loves to turn her phone to airplane mode, travel, do yoga, cook outdoors, and spend time with her naked cat, Dobby.