Last Updated on August 29, 2022
Succotash dates back to Native American cuisine, and this updated version features sweet Italian sausage, edamame, and squash.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 small onion small dice
- 2¾ c corn
- 1 ea red pepper small dice
- 1 12 oz pkg edamame
- 2 medium delicata squash seeded, medium dice
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss delicata squash in olive oil, thyme, kosher salt and pepper. Place on sheet pan in a single layer and place in oven. Roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat large sauté pan on medium heat and crumble Italian sausage into pan. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add onions and fresh corn to sauté pan and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add edamame and red pepper to Italian sausage mixture and sauté for an additional 6 minutes.
- Finally, toss roasted delicata squash into Italian sausage mixture. Season with kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste, then transfer to a serving dish. Enjoy!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.