Succotash dates back to Native American cuisine, and this updated version features sweet Italian sausage, edamame, and squash.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 small onion small dice
- 2¾ c corn
- 1 ea red pepper small dice
- 1 12 oz pkg edamame
- 2 medium delicata squash seeded, medium dice
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss delicata squash in olive oil, thyme, kosher salt and pepper. Place on sheet pan in a single layer and place in oven. Roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat large sauté pan on medium heat and crumble Italian sausage into pan. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add onions and fresh corn to sauté pan and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add edamame and red pepper to Italian sausage mixture and sauté for an additional 6 minutes.
- Finally, toss roasted delicata squash into Italian sausage mixture. Season with kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste, then transfer to a serving dish. Enjoy!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!