Succotash is a dish with a lot of history! First introduced in New England by the Native Americans, succotash is known for being rich in nutrients like amino acids. Our take on the American classic involves cooking our hearty Italian sausage to brown perfection, and mixing it into a bed of fresh vegetables. Surprise – instead of the usual lima beans, we’ve substituted that pop of green with delicious, protein-rich edamame!
Sweet Italian Sausage SuccotashPrint Pin
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 small onion small dice
- 2¾ c corn
- 1 ea red pepper small dice
- 1 12 oz pkg edamame
- 2 medium delicata squash seeded, medium dice
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss delicata squash in olive oil, thyme, kosher salt and pepper. Place on sheet pan in a single layer and place in oven. Roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat large sauté pan on medium heat and crumble Italian sausage into pan. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add onions and fresh corn to sauté pan and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add edamame and red pepper to Italian sausage mixture and sauté for an additional 6 minutes.
- Finally, toss roasted delicata squash into Italian sausage mixture. Season with kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste, then transfer to a serving dish. Enjoy!