Sweet and sour pork has never been so easy! Throw this together in the slow-cooker, binge-watch some TV, and get to eating. Of course, if you want it to taste even better, follow the steps at the end to create a thick and truly mesmerizing sauce. We suggest a quick slaw or maybe some fluffy white rice for this one.
Sweet and Sour Slow Cooker RibsPrint
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Baby Back Ribs or St. Louis Ribs
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp ginger powder
- 1 Tbsp dry mustard powder
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 1 ts black pepper
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- ¼ c maple syrup
- ¼ c coconut aminos
- ¼ c sherry vinegar
- 2 Tbsp liquid smoke
- Pat dry ribs with paper towel and score the membrane with a sharp paring knife in an ‘X’ formation.
- Mix all rub ingredients and massage into ribs.
- Place all liquid ingredients in slow-cooker, then add ribs. Cook on low setting for 4 hours.
- Let rest in liquid 20 minutes before serving.
- For a super quick sauce, remove ribs from slow-cooker, then place all liquid in saucepan, and simmer until thickened.
- Pour over ribs and broil for 1-2 minutes for extra crispy texture and real BBQ flavor!