Wishing mornings were a little more bearable? They can be… with this sunny breakfast sausage scramble! Chock-full of protein and healthy fats, these eggs will fuel your entire day – although if you eat too much and fall into a food coma, that’s on you. Also makes a quick, next-day lunch with some toast or potatoes.
- 1 package ButcherBox Breakfast Sausage
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil You can also use butter or ghee.
- 6 eggs beaten
- 4 scallions sliced diagonally
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes thinly sliced
- ½ cup roasted red peppers thinly sliced
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 avocados halved and diced
- Preheat large, non-stick skillet to medium heat. Add oil or butter. Once butter has melted, add breakfast sausage, and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until evenly browned.
- Add scallions, sun-dried tomatoes, and roasted peppers and sauté for 2 minutes, or until scallions turn bright green.
- Add eggs, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir constantly with rubber spatula for 1 minute, or until eggs begin coagulating.
- Add cheese, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Continue stirring eggs for 2-3 minutes, or until they reach your desired doneness.
- Top with diced avocado and maybe even a little of your favorite hot sauce.