Wishing mornings were a little more bearable? They can be… with this sunny breakfast sausage scramble! Chock-full of protein and healthy fats, these eggs will fuel your entire day – although if you eat too much and fall into a food coma, that’s on you. Also makes a quick, next-day lunch with some toast or potatoes.
Sunny Breakfast Sausage Scramble with AvocadoPrint Pin
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Breakfast Sausage
- 3 Tbsp ghee
- 6 eggs beaten
- 4 scallions sliced diagonally
- ½ c sundried tomatoes thinly sliced
- ½ c roasted red peppers thinly sliced
- ½ c shredded cheddar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 avocados halved and diced
- Preheat large, non-stick skillet to medium heat. Add ghee. Once ghee has melted, add breakfast sausage, and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until evenly browned.
- Add scallions, sun-dried tomatoes and roasted peppers and sauté for 2 minutes, or until scallions turn bright green.
- Add eggs, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir constantly with rubber spatula for 1 minute, or until eggs begin coagulating.
- Add cheese, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Continue stirring eggs for 2-3 minutes, or until they reach your desired doneness.
- Top with diced avocado and maybe even a little of your favorite hot sauce.