Here’s a perfect lunch for any time. These New England-style classic steak tips are easy to make and go perfectly atop a sweet and savory salad.
Marinate the steak tips in advance or an hour before you cook for ultimate flavor.
Chef’s Tip: We use a griddle to cook these tips but they’re just as delicious and tender when grilled. To grill, cook at medium-high heat and rotate the tips every few minutes, getting a light char on all the sides. The tips are done when they reach an internal temperature of 125-130°F for medium-rare (Let the tips rest for 5-10 minutes to get to that perfect 135°F for medium-rare.)
- 1 package ButcherBox premium steak tips
Orange Soy Marinade/Vinaigrette
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (For the vinaigrette)
Summer Salad with Strawberry and Red Onion
- 1 package greens - spring mix
- ½ cup strawberries sliced
- ½ cup red onion thinly sliced
For the Marinade/Vinaigrette:
- In a medium bowl, mix together the soy sauce, orange juice, and honey. Add the salt and pepper and whisk together.
- Put half of the marinade in another bowl for the vinaigrette. Add the olive oil to the vinaigrette mixture and put it aside. Refrigerate until ready for the salad.
- Add the steak tips to the marinade bowl and cover. If possible, marinate overnight in the refrigerator. Otherwise, marinate for at least an hour in refrigerator before cooking.
Cooking Steak Tips:
- Warm griddle or cast-iron pan to medium-high, cook steak tips 2-3 minutes per side, turning every few minutes to brown all sides.
- Cook until the internal temperature reaches 125°F-130°F (medium-rare). Let steak tips rest for 5-10 minutes.
For Summer Salad:
- In a large salad bowl, mix greens, sliced strawberries, and onions.
- Add steak tips and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Enjoy!