This Thai-inspired sausage has 7 ingredients and is bursting with flavor. Plus, we’ve added easy substitutions for ingredients you might already have on hand.
Similar to a Northern Thai Sai Ua Sausage — This sausage recipe is similar to recipes for sausages from Laos and Thailand. The use of curry and fish sauce is quite common in sai ua, a dish popular in Northern Thai cooking.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox ground pork
- 1 tsp ground anise seed
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly, your clean hands or glove covered hands work best.
- Cook immediately or store raw in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- A finely minced jalapeño pepper can replace the red curry paste. Mince the jalapeño pepper with the seeds if you want a spicy sausage.
- Ground fennel seed can be subsituted for the ground anise seed.
- Any soy sauce substitute can be used: liquid aminos or tamari.
- We have omitted kosher salt in this recipe since fish sauce and soy sauce tend to be on the salty side. Season with kosher salt to taste if you choose to.