Prepare for St Patrick’s Day with a fresh, spicy take on the traditional Shepherd’s Pie. Add complexity with Indian-inspired flavors, and change up that heavy potato topping by blending cauliflower and sweet potato for a lighter dish.
Spiced Up Shepherds PiePrint Pin
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ground Beef
- 1 c butternut squash small dice
- 1 c carrots small dice
- 1 c peas if frozen do not thaw
- 1 15.5 oz can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 med yellow onion small dice
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp muchi curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ⅓ c beef stock
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 ea sweet potatoes
- ½ tsp muchi curry powder
- ½ tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ghee
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse potatoes, poke them twice with a fork and place on baking sheet. Roast in oven for 1 hour or until fork-tender. Peel the skin off once you are able to handle them.
- Cut up cauliflower and place in a steaming basket. Steam for 10 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Puree cauliflower, potatoes and spices in a food processor until smooth or mash with potato masher for a little chunkier topping. Set aside
Beef and Vegetable Filling
- Preheat sauté pan on medium-high heat. Crumble ground beef into hot pan, and sauté until for 1 minute.
- Add garlic, onion, butternut squash, carrots and spices. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and beef broth, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat then add the garbanzo beans and peas. Mix everything together and pour into a 9" x 13" casserole dish. This can also be divided into smaller oven safe resealable containers for meal prep!
- Spread the mashed cauliflower and potato mixture evenly on top of meat.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!