Last Updated on August 29, 2022
This twist on shepherd’s pie brings spicy curry flavors and a cauliflower-sweet potato topping to the table. There’s nothing bland about it!
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ground Beef
- 1 c butternut squash small dice
- 1 c carrots small dice
- 1 c peas if frozen do not thaw
- 1 15.5 oz can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 med yellow onion small dice
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp muchi curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ⅓ c beef stock
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 ea sweet potatoes
- ½ tsp muchi curry powder
- ½ tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ghee
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse potatoes, poke them twice with a fork and place on baking sheet. Roast in oven for 1 hour or until fork-tender. Peel the skin off once you are able to handle them.
- Cut up cauliflower and place in a steaming basket. Steam for 10 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Puree cauliflower, potatoes and spices in a food processor until smooth or mash with potato masher for a little chunkier topping. Set aside
Beef and Vegetable Filling
- Preheat sauté pan on medium-high heat. Crumble ground beef into hot pan, and sauté until for 1 minute.
- Add garlic, onion, butternut squash, carrots and spices. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and beef broth, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat then add the garbanzo beans and peas. Mix everything together and pour into a 9" x 13" casserole dish. This can also be divided into smaller oven-safe resealable containers for meal prep!
- Spread the mashed cauliflower and potato mixture evenly on top of meat.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.