Last Updated on December 9, 2019
Brunch just got better. This one-pan egg dish combines cheddar cheese, sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, and spicy ground beef that gets an effortless kick from a southwest seasoning.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ground Beef
- 6 eggs
- ¼ c heavy cream
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper small dice
- 2 tsp Southwest seasoning
- 1 ear corn removed from cob
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 c sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat 10” heavy skillet (preferably cast-iron). Crumble ground beef and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer ground beef to a bowl. Keep the skillet on medium-high heat, and add scallions, red pepper, corn and southwest seasoning. Sauté vegetables in beef fat for 3 minutes. Return ground beef to skillet, and mix together.
- Spread out the ground beef mixture evenly, flattening with a spatula. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Pour egg mixture into the skillet, and shake pan to distribute egg. Place halved cherry tomatoes in a circular pattern on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 16 minutes. Let frittata rest for 4 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with a simple green salad, and enjoy!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.