Southwestern seasoning is a great spice blend that packs a punch, with flavors of chipotle, paprika, and garlic. Not only is it delicious, but adding it to this tasty ground beef frittata takes zero effort. Finish it off with cherry tomatoes on top for sweetness, pull it out of the oven, and dig into the best brunch ever.
Southwestern FrittataPrint Pin
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ground Beef
- 6 eggs
- ¼ c heavy cream
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper small dice
- 2 tsp Southwest seasoning
- 1 ear corn removed from cob
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 c sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat 10” heavy skillet (preferably cast-iron). Crumble ground beef and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer ground beef to a bowl. Keep the skillet on medium-high heat, and add scallions, red pepper, corn and southwest seasoning. Sauté vegetables in beef fat for 3 minutes. Return ground beef to skillet, and mix together.
- Spread out the ground beef mixture evenly, flattening with a spatula. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Pour egg mixture into the skillet, and shake pan to distribute egg. Place halved cherry tomatoes in a circular pattern on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 16 minutes. Let frittata rest for 4 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with a simple green salad, and enjoy!