Last Updated on August 29, 2022
Prep this pork a day ahead to give the deep, smoky-sweet spice rub time to flavor the meat. A Dutch oven locks in moisture during the low-and-slow cooking process so the meat is fall-apart tender.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Pork Butt, bone-in/bnls
- 2 Tbsp ground coffee
- 2 Tbsp chipotle powder
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar optional
- 1 Tbsp salt
Braising Liquid and Aromatics
- 1 c apple cider
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- Mix all spices and salt, rub all over pork butt, wrap tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place apple cider and onions in Dutch oven and bring to boil.
- Place pork butt into Dutch oven, close tightly and place in oven.
- Braise until pork is for tender, about 3-3 ½ hours.
- Turn oven to 425°F and roast pork butt uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest in liquid 15 minutes before shredding with fork.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!