Last Updated on July 14, 2023
- 3 lbs ButcherBox Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- ½ orange rind and fruit
- ½ lemon rind and fruit
- ½ lime rind and fruit
- ¼ c rosemary chopped
- ¼ c thyme chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- ¼ c garlic minced
- ½ c olive oil extra-virgin
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Grill
- 1 c hickory wood chips
- Preheat charcoal grill with coals placed on one side of grill.
- Place all ingredients for marinade in food processor, excluding olive oil, salt and pepper. Puree on high.
- Keeping the food processor on low, add olive oil in a slow steady steam. Puree until thick paste forms.
- Place chicken thighs in a large bowl. Coat with marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Place hickory wood chips directly on coals and place chicken on preheated grill surface over coal area.
- Cover grill and grill for 2 minutes. Turn chicken 90°, cover grill and grill for 1 more minute.
- Flip chicken, cover grill and grill 2 minutes. Move chicken to cool part of grill, return the cover and continue cooking until internal temperature on instant-read thermometer registers 165℉.
- Let rest at room temperature for at least 5 minutes before cutting or serving.
To substitute bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, grill the chicken thighs for an additional 5 to 10 minutes over indirect heat until the internal temperature reaches 165℉. Finish the chicken skin-side down over direct heat to ensure crispy skin.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!