Last Updated on November 5, 2021
A staple of Thanksgiving sides, this simple stuffing is ready in under an hour. You’ll need herbs, vegetables, croutons and an appetite for big flavor.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil Preferred oil: Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 2 carrots small dice
- 2 stalks celery small dice
- 1 small onion small dice
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups turkey stock Substitutions: Chicken stock, vegetable stock, or water
- 12 ounces plain croutons
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté carrots, onions, celery, sage, herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper in a large skillet with the avocado oil for three minutes.
- Add butter and stock to skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Place croutons in a large mixing bowl, pour simmered stock over croutons. Mix until croutons have absorbed the liquid.
- Place stuffing mixture in an 8"x8" greased baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.