A staple of Thanksgiving sides, this simple stuffing is ready in under an hour. You’ll need herbs, vegetables, croutons and an appetite for big flavor.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil Preferred oil: Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 2 carrots small dice
- 2 stalks celery small dice
- 1 small onion small dice
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups turkey stock Substitutions: Chicken stock, vegetable stock, or water
- 12 ounces plain croutons
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté carrots, onions, celery, sage, herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper in a large skillet with the avocado oil for three minutes.
- Add butter and stock to skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Place croutons in a large mixing bowl, pour simmered stock over croutons. Mix until croutons have absorbed the liquid.
- Place stuffing mixture in an 8"x8" greased baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes.