Last Updated on July 12, 2021
There’s nothing about lobster pasta that doesn’t feel luxe. Just the simple combination of seafood and carbs is a recipe for success, but throw in some fresh lobster claws, a silky tomato sauce, and the splurge-worthy dried pasta of your choosing (both long and short shapes work!), and you have an upscale restaurant-worthy dish.
Better yet, this recipe comes together in under an hour, takes only two pots to make, and can be stretched to serve a dinner party or cut in half for a decadent feast for one. Lobster pasta on the sofa never sounded so good.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes optional
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup dry white wine or verjus, for non-drinkers
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 oz ButcherBox Cold Cracked Lobster rinsed
- 1 lemon halved
- 8 oz pasta
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped chives, tarragon, or marjoram for garnish (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic, and if using, chili flakes, heating until fragrant. Add tomatoes, stir to coat in olive oil and garlic mixture. Lower heat. Once tomatoes start to crinkle, stir in wine, season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of salted water, prepare pasta 1-2 minutes less than package directions. When draining, reserve pasta water.
- After 25-30 minutes, the tomato mixture should be jammy. Add butter and lobster, raising heat to medium to cook the lobster, until the flesh is bright red, about 5 minutes. Stir in pasta, and about ¼ cup of cooking liquid, to coat pasta in sauce. If the sauce is dry, slowly add more cooking liquid. Squeeze juice from a half a lemon over pasta dish. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.
Melissa is a writer and recipe developer living in Brooklyn. She contributes to several national publications including the New York Times, New York Magazine, Marie Claire, Conde Nast Traveler, WSJ Magazine, Real Simple, Time Out, Thrillist, Eater, Glamour and many more.