Last Updated on April 22, 2020
Bring bright flavor and just the right amount of crispy texture to your dinner table with this zesty salmon recipe.
- 4 ea ButcherBox Sockeye Salmon Fillet
- ⅓ c sesame seeds
- ¼ c panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
Orange Miso Jus
- 1½ c orange juice fresh squeezed is preferred
- 3 Tbsp miso
- 1 ea orange peeled and segmented
- 1 Tbsp parsley finely chopped
- In a shallow dish mix together sesame seeds, panko, salt and pepper.
- Press flesh side of room temperature salmon into sesame seed mixture.
- Preheat a non-stick sauté pan on medium heat. Add oil to hot pan.
- Place salmon skin side down in pan. Sear for 3 minutes.
- Carefully flip salmon with spatula and sear sesame crusted side for 3 more minutes.
- Once salmon is finished remove from pan and set aside. Keep pan on medium heat and add orange juice and miso.
- Whisk to blend miso with orange juice and let reduce for 10 minutes.
- Add orange segments and parsley. Serve over salmon and enjoy!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.