This seared scallops recipe is simply delicious, featuring a coconut cream sauce with lime and ginger. Serve with rice or noodles for an easy yet fancy dinner.
- 1 package ButcherBox Scallops thawed, thoroughly dried
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 1 cup coconut cream, unsweetened substitution: coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- ¼ cup shredded coconut unsweetened, toasted
- 1 tablespoon cilantro rough chop
- Dry the thawed scallops between paper towels. Let scallops come to room temperature, then season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add cooking oil to hot pan. Place scallops flat side down. Sear without moving for 1½ - 2 minutes or until you have a nice brown sear.
- Flip scallops to other flat side and add lime juice, cook for 1 minute. Remove scallops from pan, set aside.
- Add garlic to pan and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add coconut cream, lime zest and ginger. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir constantly. Once cream starts to reduce approximately 1-2 minutes return scallops to pan, keeping the nice brown sear side up.
- Finish reducing cream about 2 minutes. Sprinkle in toasted coconut and cilantro or skip this and serve as is. Enjoy!