Last Updated on April 1, 2022
This seared scallops recipe is simply delicious, featuring a coconut cream sauce with lime and ginger. Serve with rice or noodles for an easy yet fancy dinner.
- 1 package ButcherBox Scallops thawed, thoroughly dried
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 1 cup coconut cream, unsweetened substitution: coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- ¼ cup shredded coconut unsweetened, toasted
- 1 tablespoon cilantro rough chop
- Dry the thawed scallops between paper towels. Let scallops come to room temperature, then season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add cooking oil to hot pan. Place scallops flat side down. Sear without moving for 1½ - 2 minutes or until you have a nice brown sear.
- Flip scallops to other flat side and add lime juice, cook for 1 minute. Remove scallops from pan, set aside.
- Add garlic to pan and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add coconut cream, lime zest and ginger. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir constantly. Once cream starts to reduce approximately 1-2 minutes return scallops to pan, keeping the nice brown sear side up.
- Finish reducing cream about 2 minutes. Sprinkle in toasted coconut and cilantro or skip this and serve as is. Enjoy!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.