Last Updated on July 6, 2021
This colorful and delicious dish is the perfect centerpiece for your holiday meal—it’s a popular holiday tradition on the West Coast, in particular. Enjoy 100% grass-fed tri-tip roast with an easy-to-make, flavorful salsa.
Roasted Tri-Tip with an Avocado, Pomegranate, and Orange Salsa
A holiday tradition in California.Print Pin
- 1 package ButcherBox Tri-Tip Roast thawed, thoroughly dried
- ½ cup scallions minced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
Avocado, Pomegranate, and Orange Salsa
- 3 avocados medium dice
- 3 oranges segmented
- 10 sprigs cilantro finely chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper (optional) seeded, minced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine scallions, kosher salt, black pepper, and 1 tablespoon of cooking oil together.
- Evenly press scallion mixture onto tri-tip roast.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat, add remaining cooking oil to hot pan, and sear both sides of tri-tip for 3 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and place on a roasting rack inserted on a baking sheet. Place in oven and roast for 45 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 125°F.
- Remove from oven and let tri-tip roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
Avocado, Pomegranate and Orange Salsa
- Combine all ingredients together.
- For best results prepare salsa 10 minutes before tri-tip is pulled from the oven and let the salsa rest while the roast rests.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chef Tips: The stem of the cilantro sprig is completely edible, no need to pick the leaves off. Simply finely chop the stems with the leaves.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.