This colorful and delicious dish is the perfect centerpiece for your holiday meal—it’s a popular holiday tradition on the West Coast, in particular. Enjoy 100% grass-fed tri-tip roast with an easy-to-make, flavorful salsa.
Roasted Tri-Tip with an Avocado, Pomegranate, and Orange Salsa
- 1 package ButcherBox Tri-Tip Roast thawed, thoroughly dried
- ½ cup scallions minced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
Avocado, Pomegranate, and Orange Salsa
- 3 avocados medium dice
- 3 oranges segmented
- 10 sprigs cilantro finely chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper (optional) seeded, minced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine scallions, kosher salt, black pepper, and 1 tablespoon of cooking oil together.
- Evenly press scallion mixture onto tri-tip roast.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat, add remaining cooking oil to hot pan, and sear both sides of tri-tip for 3 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and place on a roasting rack inserted on a baking sheet. Place in oven and roast for 45 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 125°F.
- Remove from oven and let tri-tip roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
Avocado, Pomegranate and Orange Salsa
- Combine all ingredients together.
- For best results prepare salsa 10 minutes before tri-tip is pulled from the oven and let the salsa rest while the roast rests.
- Serve and enjoy!