A giant meatball tucked into a ripe tomato and roasted to perfection: this recipe combines your favorite Italian flavors in a delightfully surprising way.
Roasted Stuffed TomatoesPrint Pin
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ground Beef
- 4 large tomatoes firm
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small yellow onion small dice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ⅓ c milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut top off tomato and hollow out with melon baller (do not discard the top - it’ll be the “hat” while for the tomato during cooking). Toss hollowed out tomatoes with salt, pepper and olive oil, then place in small baking dish. Set aside.
- Preheat sauté pan, and add olive oil. Once oil is hot, sauté onions, garlic, dried herbs, salt and pepper in for 2 minutes.
- Combine ground beef, milk and sautéed onion mixture in a mixing bowl.
- Form ground beef mixture into four large meatballs, then stuff meatballs into hollowed out tomatoes. Place tomato “hat” on top of ground beef. Roast for 30 minutes. Enjoy with a simple green salad!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!