Indulge in the classic comfort of Fish & Chips, effortlessly crafted with ButcherBox’s Wild-Caught Panko Breaded Alaskan Cod and convenient freezer aisle french fries. This recipe brings together the crispiness of perfectly cooked cod and golden fries for a quick and delightful meal, ideal for any day of the week.
- 1 bag ButcherBox Wild-Caught Panko Breaded Alaskan Cod
- 1 bag frozen fries
- lemon wedges for serving
- tartar sauce for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper for the fries, and lightly grease another tray for the cod.
- Spread the french fries in a single layer on their tray. Bake according to the package instructions, usually about 15-20 minutes, until they are golden and crispy. Halfway through, give them a shake or a turn for even cooking.
- While the fries are cooking, place the breaded cod on the prepared tray. Bake for 16-20 minutes, flipping halfway through. The cod should be golden and crispy on the outside, and flaky on the inside. Ensure it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Arrange the crispy cod and golden fries on a plate. Serve with lemon wedges and a bowl of tartar sauce on the side for that authentic Fish & Chips experience.
- Oven Baking: Preheat your oven to 425°F. Arrange the cod fillets on a baking sheet and lightly drizzle them with oil. This helps in getting that golden-brown crispness while maintaining the fish’s natural moisture. Bake for 16-20 minutes. Keep an eye on them to ensure they don’t overcook – you’re looking for a golden crust and a flaky interior.
- Air Frying: For those who prefer a quicker method or a lighter touch, air frying is an excellent option. Set your air fryer to 390°F. Place the cod fillets inside, ensuring they’re not overcrowded to allow for even cooking. Air fry them for 8-10 minutes until they’re beautifully crisp. This method is great for retaining the delicate flavor of the cod while achieving a delightful crunch.