Last Updated on August 29, 2022
Great chili doesn’t have to take all day! Make this pot in under an hour and treat yourself to a comforting bowl loaded with your favorite toppings.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ground Beef
- 1 small onion small dice
- 2 ea celery stalks small dice
- 1 ea poblano pepper small dice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c crushed tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15.5 oz can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 c water
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- Heat Dutch oven over medium heat
- Crumble ground beef into Dutch oven
- Sauté ground beef for 2 minutes, or until browned halfway. Add onions, celery, garlic and poblano pepper.
- Sauté for 4 minutes, or until ground beef is fully cooked. Add ground cumin, chili powder, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir and cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in diced and crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, kidney beans, and water.
- Reduce to low heat. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve as is or dress up chili with cheddar cheese and sour cream. Remember chili is one of those things thats gets better the next day!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.