Great chili doesn’t have to take all day! Make this pot in under an hour and treat yourself to a comforting bowl loaded with your favorite toppings.
Quick Beef and Kidney Bean ChiliPrint Pin
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 6 people
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ground Beef
- 1 small onion small dice
- 2 ea celery stalks small dice
- 1 ea poblano pepper small dice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c crushed tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15.5 oz can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 c water
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- Heat Dutch oven over medium heat
- Crumble ground beef into Dutch oven
- Sauté ground beef for 2 minutes, or until browned halfway. Add onions, celery, garlic and poblano pepper.
- Sauté for 4 minutes, or until ground beef is fully cooked. Add ground cumin, chili powder, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir and cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in diced and crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, kidney beans, and water.
- Reduce to low heat. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve as is or dress up chili with cheddar cheese and sour cream. Remember chili is one of those things thats gets better the next day!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!