Last Updated on July 6, 2021
If you love a great sweet and savory combo, this recipe is for you. This delicious pork sirloin is prepared with coconut milk and sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Pork Sirloin
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil preferred oil: Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 med yellow onion julienned, ¼ inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic peeled, smashed
- 3 ea sweet potato peeled, large dice
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 ea lime juiced
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- cilantro leaves for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine salt and pepper together on a dish. Roll pork sirloin in mixture.
- Place Dutch oven on stovetop at medium heat. Add avocado oil, one there is a little smoke sear pork sirloin on each side for 4 minutes.
- Once pork is seared remove from Dutch oven and place on dish. Add garlic and onions, sauté until onions start to become translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with lime juice and coconut aminos.
- Once the cooked bits have been scraped off the bottom of the pan, add sweet potatoes and coconut milk.
- Bring coconut milk to a simmer. Place pork and any juices back into Dutch oven. Cover and place in oven.
- Cook for 2 hours. For the last 30 minutes remove the lid from Dutch oven.
- Let pork sirloin rest in Dutch oven for 7 minutes before removing the netting and slicing.
- Serve sliced pork with sweet potatoes and coconut milk sauce.
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.