If you love a great sweet and savory combo, this recipe is for you. This delicious pork sirloin is prepared with coconut milk and sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Pork Sirloin
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil preferred oil: Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 med yellow onion julienned, ¼ inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic peeled, smashed
- 3 ea sweet potato peeled, large dice
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 ea lime juiced
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- cilantro leaves for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine salt and pepper together on a dish. Roll pork sirloin in mixture.
- Place Dutch oven on stovetop at medium heat. Add avocado oil, one there is a little smoke sear pork sirloin on each side for 4 minutes.
- Once pork is seared remove from Dutch oven and place on dish. Add garlic and onions, sauté until onions start to become translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with lime juice and coconut aminos.
- Once the cooked bits have been scraped off the bottom of the pan, add sweet potatoes and coconut milk.
- Bring coconut milk to a simmer. Place pork and any juices back into Dutch oven. Cover and place in oven.
- Cook for 2 hours. For the last 30 minutes remove the lid from Dutch oven.
- Let pork sirloin rest in Dutch oven for 7 minutes before removing the netting and slicing.
- Serve sliced pork with sweet potatoes and coconut milk sauce.
Chef Tips: If pork sirloin is not in netting simply keep the two pieces together when removing from the package and tie with butcher's twine.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!