Last Updated on November 6, 2019
- 2 ea ButcherBox NY Strip Steak
- 1 c button mushrooms quartered
- 1 med onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Place packaged steaks in bowl with cool running water while you cut your vegetable.
- Preheat oven safe pan on stove top on medium-high heat.
- Remove steaks from package, pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear on one side for 2 minutes.
- Flip steaks and sear for 1 more minute.
- Add butter and garlic, wait for butter to foam and spoon over steaks for 1 minute. Remove steaks from pan and set aside.
- Add onions and mushrooms to pan and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add balsamic vinegar and return steaks back to the pan on top of vegetables and place in oven.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes or until steaks reach desired internal temperature. 115℉ and rising for medium-rare.
- Remove steaks from pan and let rest for 5-8 minutes before slicing. While steaks are resting reduce liquid in pan by half for a delicious pan sauce. Enjoy!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Yankel Polak is the Head Chef at ButcherBox.