This thick sauce is sweet, spicy, and smoky—everything you want in a good bbq sauce! Slather it on ribs, spread it on a burger, or serve it as a dip for just about anything.
- 3 ea peaches quartered and pit removed
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small onion medium dice
- ½ c peach infused bourbon or your favorite bourbon
- ¼ c honey
- ¾ c apple cider vinegar
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss quartered peaches with kosher salt, ground black pepper, and 1 Tbsp avocado oil in a bowl.
- Place peaches on baking sheet and put in oven. Roast for 25 minutes. Set aside and let cool to room temperature. Once at room temperature, remove and discard peach skin.
- Heat a large saucepan on medium heat, then add the remaining tablespoon of avocado oil and diced onion. Sauté for 3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add bourbon, honey and apple cider vinegar. Simmer for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add tomato sauce, spices and room temperature peaches and any liquid from the peaches.
- Reduce to low heat and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Puree BBQ sauce with a stick blender until smooth. Store in an air tight container in refrigerator for up to 1 month.