Last Updated on July 6, 2021
This thick sauce is sweet, spicy, and smoky—everything you want in a good bbq sauce! Slather it on ribs, spread it on a burger, or serve it as a dip for just about anything.
- 3 ea peaches quartered and pit removed
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small onion medium dice
- ½ c peach infused bourbon or your favorite bourbon
- ¼ c honey
- ¾ c apple cider vinegar
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss quartered peaches with kosher salt, ground black pepper, and 1 Tbsp avocado oil in a bowl.
- Place peaches on baking sheet and put in oven. Roast for 25 minutes. Set aside and let cool to room temperature. Once at room temperature, remove and discard peach skin.
- Heat a large saucepan on medium heat, then add the remaining tablespoon of avocado oil and diced onion. Sauté for 3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add bourbon, honey and apple cider vinegar. Simmer for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add tomato sauce, spices and room temperature peaches and any liquid from the peaches.
- Reduce to low heat and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Puree BBQ sauce with a stick blender until smooth. Store in an air tight container in refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.