Last Updated on August 29, 2022
This quick Greek yogurt-based dressing is full of delicious herb flavor. The apple and radish salad is a light and crunchy base for buttery seared salmon.
- 2 ea ButcherBox Sockeye Salmon Fillet each piece halved
- ½ Tbsp fresh tarragon chopped
- ½ Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- ½ Tbsp fresh chives chopped
- 2½ Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Radish & Apple Salad
- 3 heads Bibb lettuce
- 1 ea carrot shaved into ribbons
- 6 ea radishes thinly sliced
- 1 ea green apple thinly sliced into half moons
Green Goddess Dressing
- 2 Tbsp fresh tarragon chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh chives chopped
- 1 c plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Blend all ingredients for Green Goddess Dressing in food processor or blender, until creamy and pale green in color. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix all salad ingredients, and dress with Green Goddess Dressing.
- Season salmon filets on both sides with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Preheat large skillet (preferably non-stick stainless steel or cast-iron) over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp butter, and place salmon filets into skillet, skin-side down.
- Press down on salmon gently for 15 seconds to insure the skin is getting crispy.
- Add remaining butter and herbs to skillet, melt butter with herbs, and spoon over salmon filets for 1 minute.
- Add fresh lemon juice to skillet and spoon liquid over salmon filets for 30 more seconds.
- Flip salmon filets over and remove pan from heat.
- Spread some dressing on the plate, add salad and place salmon filets on top. Enjoy!
Yankel Polak is the Head Chef at ButcherBox.