Last Updated on August 26, 2022
This pan-seared ribeye with potatoes and mushrooms dish makes for an easy, yet fancy dinner for two. Enjoy an irresistible combination of herbs, butter, and beef.
- 2 ButcherBox Ribeye Steaks
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- baby potatoes cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon horseradish, fresh grated
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 3 sprigs parsley
- Let steaks come to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Salt and pepper steaks on both sides.
- Heat oil in sauté pan. Once oil is hot, place steaks in the pan to sear, turning after 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and herbs to pan begin to baste the steak by spooning the liquid in the pan with the herbs and garlic over the steaks. If there is not enough oil, add more or add butter depending on preference.
- When steak is seared, remove and set aside. Sauté potatoes and mushrooms in pan and let brown. Place steaks back in pan on top of the vegetables.
- Move steaks to the oven for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of your steak until medium rare (125°F).
- When steak is done, let it rest for 20 min before cutting
- Finish potatoes with fresh ground horseradish on top.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!