Last Updated on October 8, 2019
The team at Paleohacks has shared another great recipe to help you skip the soggy takeout box with this Crispy Sesame Chicken recipe. Pan fry this easy crispy sesame chicken and you won’t be disappointed.
Yes, gluten-free crispy chicken is not only possible, but delicious!
The right combination of Paleo flours stays put throughout frying, rivaling deep-fried versions. Then, the chicken is coated in a sweet and tangy sauce completely free of processed sugars and soy. You’ll have a takeout fakeout ready in about half an hour!
Cassava and almond flours unite to create an airy, yet hearty texture that takes the place of all-purpose flour and panko breadcrumbs. Cassava flour is very light and sticks easily to chicken, ideal for making Paleo versions of chicken favorites like tenders or chicken piccata. Almond flour adds crunch with a rich, nutty flavor filled with vitamin E and healthy omega 3’s!
Start by preparing the sauce: Heat ghee in a saucepan, then add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients, then remove from the heat.
Next, get your dredging stations ready: Beat an egg in a shallow bowl and combine the flours in another. Working in batches, coat the chicken in the egg, shake off excess, and dredge in the flour. Add the chicken to a hot sauté pan with avocado oil and cook until golden brown on all sides.
Pour the sauce over the cooked chicken and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve hot over cauliflower rice or stir-fried veggies topped with fresh scallions.
Love chicken recipes, but running low on time? Try this easy curry chicken you can make right in the crockpot!
Crispy Sesame Chicken
Prep time- 10
Cook time- 25 minutes
Total time- 35 minutes
2 shallow bowls
1 t ghee
1/2 t minced garlic
1 T raw honey
1/4 cup coconut aminos
2 T tomato paste
1 T toasted sesame oil
1 large pasture-raised egg
1 cup blanched almond flour
1/2 cup cassava flour
1/4 t sea salt
1/3 cup avocado oil
2 lbs pasture-raised chicken breast, diced into 2-inch pieces
1 T sesame seeds
1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
1. Start by making the sauce. Heat the ghee in a saucepan over medium heat for 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients and turn off the heat.
2. In one shallow bowl, beat the egg. In another, combine almond flour, cassava flour, and sea salt.
3. Heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat in a sauté pan for 3 minutes. While the oil heats, add 8-10 pieces of chicken to the egg mixture and coat completely. Shake off excess egg and transfer chicken to flour mixture. Dredge on all sides.
4. Add the coated chicken to the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown. Use tongs to turn and cook an additional 3-4 minutes. Transfer the cooked chicken to a paper towel-lined plate and repeat with the remaining chicken.
5. Add the cooked chicken to a mixing bowl and immediately then pour sauce over the top, stirring gently to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and stir once more.
6. Serve hot, garnished with chopped green onion.