Our friends at Paleohacks have another great recipe to start your morning right. Check out this recipe for these juicy breakfast patties, made with heritage-breed pork sausage and pure maple syrup!
You’ll jump out of bed to fry up this easy breakfast with only a handful of ingredients. Pork sausage is seasoned with savory herbs and sweet maple syrup for a satisfying start to your day. This recipe makes 10 patties, so it’s perfect for a Sunday meal prep if you want a grab-and-go breakfast on the ready all week!
ButcherBox’s heritage-breed pork sausage comes pre-seasoned with sage and black pepper, so you only need a few extra ingredients to drive home the breakfast flavor you know and love. Pure maple syrup adds rich sweetness, but don’t add too much—a little bit goes a long way. Thyme and onion powder add extra herb goodness and tie the recipe together.
Simply mix everything together with your hands and grill them on a cast-iron pan to sear up golden brown on the outside, and tender and juicy on the inside.
Serve your breakfast patties alongside these Paleo favorites:
- You can swap the sausage for ground beef, turkey, or chicken.
- To make this recipe keto-friendly, omit the maple syrup.
- If you are using unseasoned ground pork, add 1 teaspoon dry rubbed sage, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
- Refrigerate cooked patties in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Breakfast Sausage Patties Recipe
Prep time- 10 minutes
Cook time- 20 minutes
Total time- 30 minutes
Serves- 5 (10 patties)
1 lb ground pork breakfast sausage
1 T pure maple syrup
1/2 t dried thyme
1/4 t onion powder
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and use your hands to thoroughly mix it together.
- Form the mixture into 10 small patties (about two tablespoons of meat each).
- Heat a lightly greased cast-iron pan over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add 5 patties and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining patties.
- Serve hot with your favorite breakfast side dish.