Last Updated on April 9, 2021
Our friends at Paleohacks have another great recipe to start your morning right. Check out this recipe for these juicy breakfast patties, made with heritage-breed pork sausage and pure maple syrup!
You’ll jump out of bed to fry up this easy breakfast with only a handful of ingredients. Pork sausage is seasoned with savory herbs and sweet maple syrup for a satisfying start to your day. This recipe makes 10 patties, so it’s perfect for a Sunday meal prep if you want a grab-and-go breakfast on the ready all week!
ButcherBox’s breakfast sausage comes pre-seasoned with sage and black pepper, so you only need a few extra ingredients to drive home the breakfast flavor you know and love. Pure maple syrup adds rich sweetness, but don’t add too much—a little bit goes a long way. Thyme and onion powder add extra herb goodness and tie the recipe together.
Simply mix everything together with your hands and grill them on a cast-iron pan to sear up golden brown on the outside, and tender and juicy on the inside.
Serve your breakfast patties alongside these Paleo favorites:
- You can swap the sausage for ground beef, turkey, or chicken.
- To make this recipe keto-friendly, omit the maple syrup.
- If you are using unseasoned ground pork, add 1 teaspoon dry rubbed sage, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
- Refrigerate cooked patties in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Breakfast Sausage Patties Recipe
Prep time- 10 minutes
Cook time- 20 minutes
Total time- 30 minutes
Serves- 5 (10 patties)
1 lb ground pork breakfast sausage
1 T pure maple syrup
1/2 t dried thyme
1/4 t onion powder
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and use your hands to thoroughly mix it together.
- Form the mixture into 10 small patties (about two tablespoons of meat each).
- Heat a lightly greased cast-iron pan over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add 5 patties and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining patties.
- Serve hot with your favorite breakfast side dish.