These gluten-free salmon cakes are made with beautiful pink salmon and quickly cooked to a crisp finish. They make a great appetizer or meal prep.
- 2 ea ButcherBox Sockeye Salmon Fillet skin removed
- ¼ c red bell pepper small dice
- ¼ c scallions minced
- ¼ c Paleo breadcrumbs or almond flour substitute with regular panko breadcrumbs if not Paleo
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise preferably Paleo Kitchen
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove the skin from the salmon filet. To do this, place a paper towel on top of a cutting board and then place salmon filet skin-side down on the paper towel to keep it from slipping. Use a sharp knife make a cut between the flesh and skin at a corner of the filet, then holding down the separated skin, glide the knife between the rest of the flesh and skin. Discard skin.
- Roughly chop salmon filets or pulse in food processor for 1 minute.
- Combine all ingredients except avocado oil in a large mixing bowl and mix together.
- Portion salmon mix to desired size eg. 6 portions of 2oz each, roll into a ball, then flatten slightly to make a cake.
- Preheat large skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is hot, add avocado oil and sear both sides of salmon cake for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown.
- Place seared salmon cakes on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with a squeeze of fresh lemon!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!