Last Updated on August 29, 2022
The only thing complex about this dish is its sweet, savory, and smoky flavor profile. With only 10 minutes of prep time required, it’s a hassle-free pick for Sunday dinner.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Beef Brisket
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 med onion diced
- ¼ c tomato paste
- ¼ c whole grain mustard
- ¼ c white balsamic vinegar
- 2 c dried apricots
- 3 c apricot nectar replace with water or stock for Whole30 version
- Preheat oven to 325℉.
- Preheat Dutch oven on stovetop on medium-high heat. While pan is preheating mix all dry rub ingredients together and rub all over brisket.
- Add avocado oil to hot Dutch oven and sear brisket on all sides for 2 minutes per side.
- Remove brisket from Dutch oven and place on baking sheet. Add onions, sauté until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stir for 30 seconds. Add mustard, stir to combine with onions and tomato paste.
- Deglaze with vinegar, scraping the bottom of the Dutch oven to loosen the browned bits.
- Add apricots and apricot nectar, stir. Return brisket and any juices on baking sheet to Dutch oven. Place lid on and put in preheated oven for 4 hours.
- Let brisket rest in braising liquid for 30 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Serve with braising liquid as a sauce and enjoy!
Yankel Polak is the Head Chef at ButcherBox.