It’s hard to go wrong with turkey and rice—especially when tasty seasonings are involved. This one pan recipe uses leftover turkey for a quick and hearty meal.
- 2 c ButcherBox Turkey leftovers diced
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1 med onion julienned
- 1 ea delicata squash seeded, diced
- 2 tsp herbes de Provence
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 10 oz brown rice, frozen leftover rice works well also
- 1 c chicken stock water, vegetable stock or turkey stock can be substituted
- 1 ea lemon juiced
- Melt ghee in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add onions and squash to skillet. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add turkey, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes.Chef Tip: Leftover chicken, beef or pork can be used instead of turkey.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until squash is tender.Chef Tip: No lid for that skillet? No problem, use aluminum foil.
- Once squash is tender give one last stir and serve.