Last Updated on August 29, 2022
It’s hard to go wrong with turkey and rice—especially when tasty seasonings are involved. This one pan recipe uses leftover turkey for a quick and hearty meal.
- 2 c ButcherBox Turkey leftovers diced
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1 med onion julienned
- 1 ea delicata squash seeded, diced
- 2 tsp herbes de Provence
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 10 oz brown rice, frozen leftover rice works well also
- 1 c chicken stock water, vegetable stock or turkey stock can be substituted
- 1 ea lemon juiced
- Melt ghee in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add onions and squash to skillet. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add turkey, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes.Chef Tip: Leftover chicken, beef or pork can be used instead of turkey.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until squash is tender.Chef Tip: No lid for that skillet? No problem, use aluminum foil.
- Once squash is tender give one last stir and serve.
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.