Last Updated on August 29, 2022
A 5 minute marinade that works on both the steak and the side? Count us in. These Italian flavors will have you singing, while the short prep and cook time will have you, well, eating!
- 2 ea ButcherBox NY Strip Steaks
- ¼ c balsamic vinegar
- ½ c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp chili flakes optional
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 c cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ small red onion small dice
- 1 c mini fresh mozzarella balls strained
- ½ c croutons omit from recipe for Gluten Free or Keto version
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- ½ c marinade
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring steaks to room temperature and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix all marinade ingredients. Pour ¼ c over steaks and let them sit at room temp for 5 minutes.
- Mix all salad ingredients in a large salad bowl, and dress with remaining marinade.
- Preheat cast-iron skillet. Once skillet is hot, sear steaks on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side or until a nice crust forms.
- Place pan in oven for 5 more minutes, or until thermometer inserted in thickest part of steak reads 120°F.
- Let steaks rest for at least 8 minutes before slicing. Serve alongside salad and enjoy!