Last Updated on August 29, 2022
A Japanese staple, miso packs an umami punch. The combination of savory and sweet in this recipe, along with the bright colors, create a playful dinner that delights all the senses.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Denver Steak
- ⅔ c miso
- ⅓ c mirin
- ⅓ c rice wine
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 6 ea carrots cut into ¼” slices
- 2 c orange juice
- ¼ c miso
- 1 ea orange zested
- Preheat immersion circulator water bath to 135°F
- Place Denver Steaks in heavy duty freezer bag. Add miso, mirin, rice wine, garlic and ginger
- Seal bag halfway and slowly immerse in water bath, allowing air to escape. Seal completely and cook for 8 hours.
- Remove from water bath and let rest in juices for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat skillet and sear on all sides, for 2 minutes per side.
- Slice thinly against the grain.
- Place sliced carrots, orange juice and miso in saucepan.
- Simmer on low heat until tender.
- Drain carrots and reserve ½ c of liquid.
- Place carrots back in pan and sauté until caramelized. Add reserved carrot liquid and cook 3 more minutes or until liquid is nearly gone.
- Toss carrots with orange zest.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!