Chorizo is a staple in Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American cuisine. Though it’s difficult to trace the orginin of the sausauge, some think that chorizo as we know it originated in Catalonia. Mexican-style chorizo differs from its European counterpart in that the pork is typically fresh versus the smoked Spanish chorizo.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ground Pork
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly, your clean hands or glove covered hands work best.
- Cook immediately or store raw in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- You can replace paprika with smoked paprika if you would like a little smokiness.
- This recipe is great to play with the level of heat you want in your sausage, adjust the chili powder to your liking and enjoy!