Last Updated on August 29, 2022
Fresh herbs and feta brighten up these meatballs with Classic Greek flavors. They’re perfect alongside pita and hummus, or you can serve them with tzatziki and a toothpick for an easy appetizer.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion small dice
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 sprigs oregano leaves picked and minced
- 4 sprigs mint leaves picked and minced
- ⅔ c feta crumbled
- ¼ c milk
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Preheat sauté pan and add olive oil. Once oil is hot, add onions and garlic and sauté for 4 minutes, or until translucent. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients and onions together in a large mixing bowl until well incorporated.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of meat mixture and form into a ball (approx. 16 meatballs). Tip: a small ice cream scoop works great!
- Place meatballs on greased baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until internal temperature of meatball reaches 150°F. Let meatballs rest 3 minutes before serving.
- Serve meatballs with your favorite pita and hummus, with a side of baby greens. Make smaller meatballs and serve with tzatziki for a great appetizer!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.