The perfect mid-week lunch – quick, easy, and oh-so-portable. Get a taste of the Mediterranean with this delightful meatball, flavored with textbook Greek spices and a little feta. Perfect with your choice of pita and some fresh veggies.
Mediterranean MeatballsPrint Pin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion small dice
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 sprigs oregano leaves picked and minced
- 4 sprigs mint leaves picked and minced
- ⅔ c feta crumbled
- ¼ c milk
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Preheat sauté pan and add olive oil. Once oil is hot, add onions and garlic and sauté for 4 minutes, or until translucent. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients and onions together in a large mixing bowl until well incorporated.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of meat mixture and form into a ball (approx. 16 meatballs). Tip: a small ice cream scoop works great!
- Place meatballs on greased baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until internal temperature of meatball reaches 150°F. Let meatballs rest 3 minutes before serving.
- Serve meatballs with your favorite pita and hummus, with a side of baby greens. Make smaller meatballs and serve with tzatziki for a great appetizer!