Last Updated on April 26, 2022
This simple-to-make lime, cilantro, and garlic marinade is perfect to infuse New York strip steaks with tons of flavor for grilling. Serve the steaks with the accompanying warm—and mayo-free—potato salad for a fresh, grilled take on a classic meat-and-potatoes meal.
- 4 ButcherBox NY strip steaks
For the Marinade:
- 3 limes zest and juice
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 head garlic peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
For the Herby Potato Salad:
- 3 cups red bliss potatoes halved
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- ¼ cup chives chopped
- 4 tablespoons tarragon chopped
- 4 tablespoons dill chopped
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine ingredients for the marinade in a resealable container. Coat steaks with marinade and cover. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Herby Potato Salad
- While steaks are marinating, prepare potato salad. Place potatoes in large stockpot and cover with heavily salted cold water (about 2 tablespoons). Bring potatoes to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until they easily slip off a fork but are still firm.
- Remove potatoes from heat, drain in a colander, and cover with a clean cloth. Allow potatoes to rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- After potatoes have rested toss with remaining salad ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Grilling the NY Strip Steaks
- Grill steaks over charcoal, a grill, or any other open flame for 4-6 minutes per side, or until they reach the desired level of doneness (125°F-130°F for medium-rare). Let steaks rest 5-8 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the sliced steak with the herby potato salad and enjoy!
Yankel Polak is the Head Chef at ButcherBox.