Boneless chicken thighs are always a crowd pleaser. They’re moist, flavorful, and in this recipe, absorb a flavorful yogurt-based marinade for optimum tenderness. The grilled lemons add nice acidity, making these skewers a versatile entree for a summer dinner, served with salads, fresh pitas, or even as an appetizer to a larger feast.
- 1 1/3 cup whole milk yogurt divided
- 3 tablespoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1.5 pounds ButcherBox boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 lemons thinly sliced
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp chili oil
- Combine 1 cup yogurt, turmeric, paprika, and oregano in a bowl. Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper, add to a large zip-top bag or sealed container with yogurt marinade, toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- To make the skewers, remove chicken from the fridge for 10 minutes. Wipe off excess marinade. Thread onto skewers, adding lemon slices between every few chicken pieces. Cook on a grill pan or grill heated to medium heat, rotating every 5 minutes, until chicken reaches 160 degrees. Allow to sit for five minutes before serving. Top with a sprinkle of salt.
- Meanwhile, make the yogurt sauce: Mix lemon juice, remaining 1/3 cup yogurt, chili oil and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Add 1 tsp of water to thin sauce, if needed.
- Serve chicken on greens or on a platter, drizzle with yogurt sauce, as desired.