Bring a little sweetness to your favorite vegetable side dish with these maple-glazed carrots. These delightfully soft baby carrots are topped with freshly chopped parsely for an added element that’s sure to have your guests reaching for seconds.
- 3 lbs rainbow baby carrots
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- ¼ c maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp parsley finely chopped
- Place a steamer basket in a large sauce pot. Add water to just below the bottom of the basket.
- Bring water to boiling on high heat. Add half of the baby carrots, cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook carrots until tender, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- While carrots are steaming set up an ice bath (cold water and ice) in a large mixing bowl.
- Immediately, place carrots in ice bath to stop carryover cooking.
- Let water come to a boil again before dropping remaining carrots in steamer basket (check water level you may need to add more) and repeat process.
- Strain from ice bath and let them come to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, heat a sauté pan on medium heat and add ghee. Once ghee has melted sauté carrots for 5 minutes.
- Add maple syrup and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes. Toss in chopped parsley then transfer to serving dish.The sautéing process can be done in two rounds if necessary.Chef tip: carrots can be steamed the day before and placed in a resealable container and stored in the refrigerator.