Last Updated on April 14, 2020
Bring a little sweetness to your favorite vegetable side dish with these maple-glazed carrots. These delightfully soft baby carrots are topped with freshly chopped parsely for an added element that’s sure to have your guests reaching for seconds.
- 3 lbs rainbow baby carrots
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- ¼ c maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp parsley finely chopped
- Place a steamer basket in a large sauce pot. Add water to just below the bottom of the basket.
- Bring water to boiling on high heat. Add half of the baby carrots, cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook carrots until tender, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- While carrots are steaming set up an ice bath (cold water and ice) in a large mixing bowl.
- Immediately, place carrots in ice bath to stop carryover cooking.
- Let water come to a boil again before dropping remaining carrots in steamer basket (check water level you may need to add more) and repeat process.
- Strain from ice bath and let them come to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, heat a sauté pan on medium heat and add ghee. Once ghee has melted sauté carrots for 5 minutes.
- Add maple syrup and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes. Toss in chopped parsley then transfer to serving dish.The sautéing process can be done in two rounds if necessary.Chef tip: carrots can be steamed the day before and placed in a resealable container and stored in the refrigerator.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.