The overnight brine is a miracle worker and the result is a slice of pork that is ultra-tender and seasoned perfectly in every bite. The sweet and savory mini pies are a fun and festive touch.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Pork Loin Roast
- 1 c kosher salt
- 1 c maple syrup
- 1 small onion quartered
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 c water
- 4 c ice
Mini Cranberry Pie
- 1 large onion small dice
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ c brown sugar packed
- 4 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 c orange Juice
- 2 c fresh cranberries
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 4 9" round pie doughs
- In medium pot, mix salt, maple syrup, onion, bay leaves, brown sugar and water. Bring to a simmer, stirring to ensure the salt, sugar and syrup dissolve. Remove from heat and add ice to chill.
- Place pork in airtight container and pour brine over pork, adding water if needed to ensure pork is fully submerged. Refrigerate overnight for at least 12 hours, but no more than 18 hours.
Mini Cranberry Pie
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Add 1 Tbsp butter to medium preheated pot. Let butter brown slightly, then add onions and cook until soft. Add sugar and cook to dissolve.
- Add cranberries and cook until soft.
- Add orange juice and vinegar and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch and simmer until mixture thickens. Cool completely.
- Cut 8 circles out of pie dough, large enough to fill the cupcake tin with a small amount of overflow, and 8 circles slightly smaller for top.
- Scoop cold cranberry filling into pie dough, and cover with smaller pie top. Moisten edges and pinch to seal. (Brush with egg wash for extra golden color.)
- Bake mini pies until golden brown, or about 15 minutes.
Roasting Pork Loin
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove pork from brine, rinse well and dry thoroughly. Place pork on sheet tray, rub all over with olive oil and season with black pepper.
- Roast in oven for 45 minutes or until internal temperature is 145°F. Let rest 20 minutes before slicing.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!