Last Updated on October 13, 2021
Ready to kick your BBQ sauce up a notch? This recipe takes the classic BBQ flavor you love and pairs it with a sweetness you’ll crave after you’re finished eating. Luckily, you’ll make three cups of this savory-sweet sauce, which means you can put it on everything from burgers and sandwiches to wings and ribs. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup malt vinegar
- 1 lime juice and zest
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes plus ½ cup juices
- ¼ cup ketchup
- Heat olive oil in a saucepot over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the sauce. If you don’t have an immersion blender, pour the sauce into a regular blender and blend until smooth.
- Let the sauce cool to room temperature. Serve immediately or refrigerate for one month.
Yankel Polak is the Head Chef at ButcherBox.